Return to Website

Edaville Railroad Discussion Forum

Welcome to the Edaville USA Discussion Forum. This forum is open to anyone who wants to post a message, but the following rules apply: 1. All materials must be Edaville-related, whether current or historical; 2. Postings must be positive and upbeat and; 3. No personal attacks will be tolerated. The moderator reserves the right to delete postings and to ban people from using the discussion forum. Any blatant misuse of this discussion forum may result in this forum become a password-protected discussion group, which would require participants to be approved before posting mesages. PLEASE DO NOT MISUSE THIS DISCUSSION GROUP!

Edaville Railroad Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ex-Edaville #7

Greetings!

First off, I am thrilled that Edaville will be featuring steam this winter! I look forward to the Festival of Lights even more knowing that steam will be the power. My love for railroads and steam began at Edaville, and for that reason it will always be a special place for me - especially during the holidays.

Second, I want to announce that the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad has undergone a major change in leadership and the basic structuring of the organization. I am one of the knewest trustees, and an active railroader. I am here to look for help and support to keep much of the collection together and active for everyone to enjoy. I have been horrified to see steam dying all over the country rapidly since the economic struggles began. We have very few active steamers left in New England, and for that reason steam enthusiasts are all in this together.

If at all possible, please visit us at mngrr.org and buy a membership and/or donate to #7's restoration fund. If your nearby, come take a train ride on the old Edaville equipment. MNGRR is a 501(c)3 non-profit and only exists to preserve the collection. I can speak to the fact the the trust has not always done a great job keeping this goal in the forefront of their dealings, a fact a major factor in this change of leadership.

Thanks to all of you for supporting any and all of the heritage railways in New England!

cheers,

-Mike M

Re: Ex-Edaville #7

Mike...I am sure I can speak for many to say that is great that your group is trying it's best to keep these historic locomotives and rolling stock preserved and alive. I agree it is a dying breed and the impotance just can't be stressed enough.

With that said, my hopes are that with a new management structure, that the bridges that have been burned in the past between the operators of Edaville (not including the current operators, Brenda and Rob who are doing a fantastic job) and your new team can be mended and perhaps be able to share some of this equiptment between the two.

Even with the shorter loop at Edaville, I am sure that #7 and definately #4 would be able to run without issues. What a sight that would be to see one of them on those rails again...even if it is a shorter ride :)

I hope that things turn around for your group and everyone can hopefully someday see the two groups work together in some capacity.

Cheers

Number 7 or any of the other original equipment would immediately sieze up and never run again as soon as it saw the shortened loop.

The folks in Portland are doing singularly unsatisfactorty job. The Portland area is a poor place for a tourist railroad.

The folks in S Carver are little more than vandals. All they know is how to tear things down and rip up track.

I feel bad for them, all they must hear is "this is where XXXX used to be.

Its too bad they're not up to the job.

Unless the new Portland leadership is prepared to move nothing will change.

Great News Mike and Good Luck. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Brenda
508-866-8190

Adam,

Perhaps you should re-read the rules

Welcome to the Edaville USA Discussion Forum. This forum is open to anyone who wants to post a message, but the following rules apply: 1. All materials must be Edaville-related, whether current or historical; 2. Postings must be positive and upbeat and; 3. No personal attacks will be tolerated. The moderator reserves the right to delete postings and to ban people from using the discussion forum. Any blatant misuse of this discussion forum may result in this forum become a password-protected discussion group, which would require participants to be approved before posting mesages. PLEASE DO NOT MISUSE THIS DISCUSSION GROUP!

Restoration work on #7 continues this Saturday at MNG. All are welcome.

Happy Holidays!