Return to Website

2CV Online Web Forum

TECHNICAL QUESTIONS - SALES - WANTS. Please ensure the last two have detailed subjects to catch the eye.

2CV Online Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Warning light on Dash????

Hi,

I have a 1983 Charleston, only purchased recently. I had a 2CV years ago when i was at college and can not for the life of me remember or find out what the warning lights are for on the dash!.

On the right hand side of the dash there are two switches, one for wipers and one for brake fluid (check??), also the washer pump/button. On the same side there are two red warning lights, one illuminates when you press the brake switch and the other is now on all of the time, it does not go out when the engine is running, I actually cant remember if this used to come on then go out or not!! Today it flashed on a d couple of times when slowing up for a corner and then stayed on.

initially i though, oil so checked that and its fine, checked brake fluid thats fine, checked battery terminals and connections here and there, all seem fine.

Does anybody know what the light is for, I am assuming charging circuit? What is the best course of action.

Comments gratefully received.

Thanks,

Kevin

Re: Warning light on Dash????

Kevin

My Charlston has a warning light for a rear fog lamp, depending on how it was wired in the warning light may still come on even if the fog lamp is no longer there! On the right hand side of my dash there is a push button switch for the fog lamp, it's below the wiper switch and the brake fluid level- check switch. My red ignition light (bottom left of dash)comes on on very tight left hand bends - but only when the oil level is getting a bit low!