Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
used Acadian in C cajun tuned anywhere in the NYC area?

Hi all, I'm new to the group. I play concertina, mainly Irish Trad. I got my hands on a Acadian in D equal temperament to play at the Irish sessions. Marc is tweaking it up for me right now. I have been fascinated with the Cajun music and would like to get started with a box in "C" cajun tuned. Any used boxes in the area for sale?

Re: used Acadian in C cajun tuned anywhere in the NYC area?

Alex Acordions had one last time I was up there and it had been there for awhile. 48th St opposite Sam Ash.
Also Main Squeeze on Essex St. also has a La. built or at least he did last time I was in which also was awhile ago. Call them to check. Good luck.

Alex has a box in "D" and Main Squeeze has a new Savoy that he wants$3000 for. Thanks for the lead.

If you live in the USA a new Acadian might be an option; the most expensive models seem to be somewhere near 2600 U$D .. 3000 seems OK if it's located in Europe because of import duties, sales taxes and airfreight involved. - Nout

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!