Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"American Epic": Documentary on Joe Falcon, Cleoma Falcon and the Breaux Freres

Bonjour mes amis! Finally! After a 3 year long effort, we're excited to tell everyone that the 3 part series entitled "American Epic" featuring Joe Falcon, Cleoma Falcon and the Breaux Freres will air on PBS. They will be featured in: Episode 103: “Out of the Many, the One” as one of the many musical families in the 1920s. This particular episode will air Tuesday, May 30 at 9 p.m. on PBS (check local listings). Merci beaucoup.

For all the episodes of American Epic, be sure to watch Tuesdays, May 16-30 at 9 p.m. on PBS (check local listings)

https://www.facebook.com/Joe-Falcon-and-Cleoma-Breaux-196649207753/
http://www.thirteen.org/13pressroom/press-release/american-epic/
https://www.facebook.com/americanepic/
www.americanepic.com

You can pre-order the film and the book on Amazon:

WF

Re: "American Epic": Documentary on Joe Falcon, Cleoma Falcon and the Breaux Freres

This is an important documentary. It's great to see Cajun music included here. Many people know about the country and blues artists that are covered. To have Cajun music exposed this way is gratifying. Long time coming! Nice work!

Re: "American Epic": Documentary on Joe Falcon, Cleoma Falcon and the Breaux Freres

I don't watch TV and haven't for nearly a decade now - but I'll make an exception for this. This is exciting stuff.

John in Oregon

Even if you don't watch TV, it's available on DVD. The series features several "first families" of recorded music including country music, Hawaiian music, blues, tejano and Cajun. The Falcon and Breauxs were selected. While their segment in the episode is short and doesn't encompass their whole life, you'll get a first class film experience documenting a small snippet of their lives and a couple of songs.

For a full project on their lives and music, you'll have to wait for an upcoming project which I hope to unveil sometime later this year. :D Cheers!

WF

Sounds great.. I'll be there.

Thank you WF. I just put a yellow sticky note next to the TV. WE will be tuned in and all ears. Very timely of this program as a matter of fact. The universe is speaking! I believe PBS has a website complete with categories and archives. If anyone is not able to watch it as it airs, you may be able to watch it on the internet via the PBS archives after the fact. Its either PBS or LPB (Louisiana Public Broadcasting) that has these archives.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!