Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for used Hohner HA-114

Hey I am helping someone look for an older HA-114 HOHNER, if anyone has one for sale let me know please, thanks!

Re: Looking for used Hohner HA-114

Where are you located?

Welsh, LA.... I would like to find and HA-114B in good shape, from like late 80's
mid 90's

The B is a decent box but don't believe that it's "Cajun" tuned or any of the other BS.

It's black with a stenciled HOHNER down the front. Better bellows tape.. a little more exacting tuning and a bit drier than Hohner's original style.

I owned one.

Bought it new for $400 USD from a friend who owned a music store in Salinas Calif.. Stayed in inventory for a few years with no takers...until I showed up.

Also consider going to melodeon.net and posting on the For Sale section for a Wanted to Buy HA114B

Just happen to have one for sale.. made that decision this morning as I bought another accordion.

This is from the 50s..the absoluite best period for these. Excellent condition for its age and all original.

Looks good, plays well..
I can e-mail photos.

I got this from box guru Paul Groff a year and a half ago.

I paid $500 plus shipping from Florida to Oregon.

I'll sell it for $400 and I'll pay the shipping in the lower 48.

As with all older accordeons.. they sometimes need a bit of fiddling, but this one is good to go as it stands.

It is the cool one with the older style (horned) wooden keyboard.

Let me know as it will go u[p for sale locally at $600.

Yea I have a HA-114B. I like the black on black bellows. I Still haven't had time to re-tune it yet. Im gonna be makeing a fingerboard and bass box for it soon.

Please send me some pics to craigv401@yahoo.com thanks

I have a schematic for a keyboard I made about 8-10 years ago.
I made the prototype and sent it to a box tech for his comments.... he refused to send it back.. we haven't communicated since then.

If you like.. I can send you a copy of the schematic... and some notes with info on how I would modify it a bit.

I'll send some photos of the HA114 later today...perhaps this evening.

You won't find another one like this one too readily.

I appreciate it, but my first accordion I made the finger board was 2cm on center which is what the Hohner uses. I switch to 3/4" for handmade boxes like most others.

Sounds good I will wait for some pics and will be quick to respond.

My three Hohners are 19 mm. And my other 20 some odd Hohners were 19 mm.

For the moment I have reconsidered as I will never find another like mine..
HA 114 not for sale.

Jesus Cripes Jeff. What the hell?! But yeah, I wouldn't sell it either. Hey "Vincent", what did that person want to do with that HA-114B? I also would rather the ole black Ha-114's. And I wouldn't be gutting it out just for the reeds. You talk about a hard accordion to find negre! Anyone that knows better would never sell them at a low price. Blame that on Hohner for discontinuing an accordion that would have become a hit and a high seller. They're idiots for having done that. How's the weather been in Welsh? Yall get a lot of rain, hail, tornados, thunderstorms, and flooding lately? Welcome to the club. Both the accordion discussion club and the bad weather club of south Louisiana.

Hey, we are gonna build some finger boards and bass boxes to fit my 114B and the person thats looking for one. It dont have to be a black just as long as its older German made. Weather been nice except last week was bad. My house drains well and dont flood
but some people that where just finish redoing there homes from last August flood got flooded again, ones that live near Lacassine Bayou in Welsh.

Mais Weh, sometimes I feel like we're being punished by the very land that feeds us for living down here. Well, knock on wood, at least we aint had one of them dam hurricanes for the last 9 years. I believe the people are praying them away or some magical thing like that. I guess when you get hammered hard like we've been over the last decade, you're prayers tend to be sincere and work better. We done sent all the hurricanes up the east coast or back out into the Atlantic. I never want to see them basterds again. We done paid our dues got dammit! Don't be a stranger.

Good for a while, got two of them now!
Found and old HA-114 and a HA-114B like new.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!