Return to Website

Edaville Railroad Discussion Forum

Welcome to the Edaville USA Discussion Forum. This forum is open to anyone who wants to post a message, but the following rules apply: 1. All materials must be Edaville-related, whether current or historical; 2. Postings must be positive and upbeat and; 3. No personal attacks will be tolerated. The moderator reserves the right to delete postings and to ban people from using the discussion forum. Any blatant misuse of this discussion forum may result in this forum become a password-protected discussion group, which would require participants to be approved before posting mesages. PLEASE DO NOT MISUSE THIS DISCUSSION GROUP!

Edaville Railroad Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Coach 26 question

Hi S!

If #26 is the car that was originally built by Jimmy Dunlop when he was at Edaville, I vividly remember when that car was finished. It was a really exciting event at the time, because Jimmy is such an outstanding craftsman. The thing is I don't remember an interior partition and this would lead me to believe that I may be thinking of a different car also built at Edaville, but a few years earlier.

At any rate, if I am thinking of the same car, it was built with full-length bench seats and utilized the original red velvet seat cushions from the Flying Yankee.

The only full coach at Edaville that I can recall as having an interior partition was the old P&R combine (SR&RL #15), built by Billmeyer & Small. Edaville refinished the original baggage end when they turned the car into a full coach. It was easy to tell which end was original, because the woodwork in the original passenger compartment was considerably more refined than that in the refinished baggage end. It's probably still the same way today.

I hope this is of some help.

Best Regards,
Glenn