walestogether.com

Welcome to the message board for walestogether.com. Please note that the messages posted on the message boards do not necessarily represent the views of walestogether. Thank you for visiting walestogether.com

walestogether.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Phew

Nerves! I don't know who suffered more from them - me, I couldn't sleep at all Saturday night and felt physically sick or the Welsh team, who for the first 15 minutes almost did every thing possible to blow the game.

Thankfully for them, and my stomach, they got their act together. Iestyn Harris, Duncan Jones and Daffyd Jones all played a stormer.

Re: Phew

I got a bit nervous right before the match too... maybe coz i'd missed the anthems during the football match the night before, and so made twice the effort while singing along with the TV on sunday morning

Yip, the players you mention were great, notably Iestyn of course. Personally dont think much of Sonny Parker...maybe he does more work than i see? Thought Kevin grew in confidence as the game went on too, his passing got snappier. Understandable that he was a bit rusty at first.

I was getting a little jittery when we had 34 points, simply coz the better teams never stop there but just keep pushing on. So i was delighted we scored again late on. All in all, after the 10th minute we never really looked like being out of control.

It was looking scary for a short while at the start but then you had to expect Canada to come out fighting. It will be a different game againts the Tongans and tougher test against the Italians so the worry isn't over yet!!
Lets just hope that a few more of Dad's Army get injured (not seriously of course) before we come up against them in the Qtrs.

With the nerves of the Canada match behind them, I think Wales can now look forward to the Tongan and Italy matches with some confidence.

Tonga and Italy are not known for their back play and pace, so hospital tackles apart I feel we don't have to fear those matches. (I hope I haven't made a rod for my own back with that statement).