Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Antonelli reeds

The reed starts cracking side to side, usually toward the rivet end. A break is usually pre warned by a wonky sound from the reed. I have owned 54 accordeons. I have never broken a reed.

I have had 3 accordeons with Binci reeds and about 20 with Antonellis.

Here is another differentiation..
The majority of the Antonelli reeds found on boxes in the US are "tipo a mano" not "a mano"..
Castaganari, considered by many to be the best production box made, use "tip a mano" Antonellis as standard.. Bincis on request. Hand made Antonellis on request.

The majority of Binci reeds are true "a mano".. not "tipo a mano" so an apples to apples comparison is not usually a fair comparison.

Also reed sellers are prone to sell Antonelli "tipo a mano" at the same price as Binci "a mano"..
If you are buying Antonellis...ask if they are "tipo a mano" or "a mano".. pay a fair price.

I personally prefer Antonelli "tipo a mano" , however this is also a matter of the tuner who sets and tunes the reeds, and because I am used to them.

He has other you tube videos.

This is a CASTAGANARI in 12TET, not "just" (Cajun)tuning

Key of "D"

Seems to be very air efficient.

Small, tight, fast, loud, excellent/flawless workmanship, excellent resale, hard to get, worth the money and the wait.

Removeable reed blocks for ease of construction and service.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!