Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Accordion question

Ganey Arsement
That would have been Marc's red D which Wilson now plays. I would say it is one of the most recognizable and sought after accordions in Cajun music; however, Marc told me several years back that he had made a discovery in his accordion building that pleased him so much he built himself two new accordions. That leads me to believe that he changed his reedblock design. Paul Daigle, Jason Frey and a few others bought new accordions from him after hearing his new ones.

Very interesting!

Yes indeed, Marc's new reed block design from a few years back???

Anyone check the internals of that reed block design? The reed chambers seem to be a little undeep, with sometimes a cutout into the base plate, around where the larger reed's top moves most. Don' know if that's always the case though. PS With Acadians i always found them to project the balls of their sound more forwards than with the other "top" brands i encountered sofar, Martins, Bon Cajuns etc. Generally i like them for gigging a lot for that reason. But the sound can vary, even when two are similarly built with the same age and type of reeds it seems. - Nout

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!