Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where to find reed prices.

If I wanted to build an accordion or change keys, what does a new set of reeds cost?

I recently heard an accordion with Salpa reeds but could not find any pricing information.

Could someone direct me to a site with pricing options.

Thanks

Re: Where to find reed prices.

Example: a full set LMMH with standard basses is around 250 U$D to 260 from Binci for no 1 class aluminum plated & leathered (with valves as called in Euope), and 300 to 320 for Brass plated ones. This excluding EEC sale tax (i think not applicable if exported to the USA) and shipping costs. Salpa is no longer available, Antonelli seems to be closest. PS i've got 2 sets Bb occasion Antonellies, and one set Binci Eb with brass plated reeds for sale, all tuned but of course after mounting they need a checkup. A US based dealer seems to be Elton Doucet, there must be more too. - Nout

Check with Greg Mouton in Crowley, La.

Greg Mouton in Crowley supplies reeds, and so does FRM Enterprises in Canada, but FRM is mainly wholesale. Greg has Binci, Voci Armoniche, and Cagnoni. Price right now on Binci #1 is just over $300 US. Greg also supplies other materials for building.

As has been said, Salpa are no longer in production.

RPr, what country are you in?

The reeds mentioned are popular, but if you want an accordion with that bright Salpa sound contact Randy Falcon or Andre Michot. Although they no longer make salpas there are other options.

yes, there's always Ciccarelli

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!