Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ron Jon?

Naw he gave us Sex Wax, bro. Mahalo mes ami...

Re: Ron Jon?

Nope.

In the late 60's I worked for Oceanside Surfboards in Cocoa Beach FLa. for owner Billy Feinberg.

We made the Ron Jon Surfboards. They bought our "seconds" which we labelled RON JON;
the firsts were labelled OCEANSIDE.
I glassed boards and then later shaped for them. I worked with the legendary shaper Johnny Rice also Bob Tome, The glasser and cartoonist/artist Jimmy Phillips, Nuclear Norman the glosser, and Dave Hanks a sailer and glasser from Brasil.

I quit and went back to Monterey Calif, built some boards then went into boat building then on to the auto industry for 25 years.
While in the car biz I worked for manufacturers as a rep, one of them sent us off to Florida for a BS convention national meeting .. 3 of us took a trip to Ron Jons.. their wax room was bigger than the original Ron Jons.. a couple of the Oceanside boards were on the walls including one of Johnny Rices V 360's and my hopelessly failed Monterey Boat Tails.

RON JON was a retailer, not a board builder.

Ron Jons had butted joints, Oceanside had mitred joints : )

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!