Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My "new" MARTIN in "C."

It is beautiful,were do you live,not that I'm coming to steal it are anything

I'm not worried about it, Patrick. I have more guns than accordions....and I have 10 accordions. :)
I'm in San Diego. Heart of Cajun country.......NOT!

Congratulations Tim. That is a real beauty. I wish you well with it. You are in a good area for Cajun/Zydeco. There is quite a lot of activity in So Cal. When I lived in Los Angeles, I went to dances twice a month in Long Beach. There were dances all over San Diego, especially at the War Memorial Hall in Balboa Park. I saw the San Diego Cajun Playboys there. Good luck with your new "toy". Keep squeezin'

Thanks, Dana. My wife calls this forum my "Support Group." Yes, dear. Helps with my bad habit.
You know, honestly, a part of me feels I don't deserve an accordion this nice because I can't play that well yet. On the other hand, it's helping me learn faster because I'm not running into box limitations, i.e., bellows freedom, valve/reed efficiency, finger board action. I'm already doing things I couldn't get on the lesser boxes.
So let's keep introducing people to Cajun music and lets keep pushing new enthusiasts like me to learn more.

Very Nice box!

Tim, you should not feel guilty about having a top quality instrument. I have been down this road a few times and believe me, when you go from a mid range to a top range instrument, you quickly realize what a joy it is to play. And yes it does make a difference in how you play. With a top quality instrument, playing is less work and more pleasure. You will learn to play in time one song at a time. Follow Big Nick's videos and you will pick it up quickly. I learned to play Cajun music when I lived in So Cal. I'm back in Massachusetts where I'm originally from and I still enjoy playing Cajun music. I'm playing a black Gabbanelli Cajun King with Tip a Mano reeds in C. It does a nice job. So enjoy your top quality instrument, you deserve it, and keep squeezin'.

It's a beauty Tim and it sounds good I suppose.
Congrats!!
We all know the feeling, that we all had with our first LA-made Cajun Acoordion. Don't matter which brand it was.

Wow, that wood is gorgeous!

I'm getting ideas, Bryan . . .

Congratulations, it's beautiful

Beautiful box Tim....I like the corner pieces with the crayfish design....is that painted?.......Congrat!!!

Mark, the crawfish appear to be stencil-painted on. There's also a crawfish embossed under the MARTIN name.
My wife is upset that I pushed her over and brought my accordion to bed with me. Maybe if she looked as good as this accordion.... :)

I've never been much of a birds eye maple fan, but that one changes my mind. Beautiful.

Hey thanks. Any of you guys can come out to San Diego and play accordions at my house. Just show me how to play what I feel.

Last time I went to San Diego they kept me there 3 months and yelled at me a lot.

Just curious: who yelled and why? The audience, ladies, seeing you in swimming suit, Da Police when in the slammer, or worse? - Nout

Sounds like boot camp..........

That Martin looks impressive. You can't go wrong with this one. Congrats!

My musical world changed when I finally bought a Martin in C - and again when I bought one in D. I'm told I can't afford one in Bb!!
You'll love it and congratulations
robin

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!