Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need 'nother Fiddle, why I dunno.

How is it that when someone types in D A M N on this forum you get those little asterisk in place of the word, but if you type in turd it pops right up?

Thanks for y'alls offers, but I'll just stick to the pawn shops.

Christian, you had the sale but you let your mouth, or fingers in this case, overload your chu.

Currently, since I am a S H I T T Y fiddler and probably will be for a good portion of the rest of my life, an amplified defication is perfect for my needs.

If improvement comes, the Baggs can always come off the poo-poo and go on a classier piece of wood.

Musical instruments, diamonds, and antiques. Those items always rape the pompous know-it-alls amongst us. Usually they deserve it.

JB

If you want to improve your playing, it may help you to find a traditional violin teacher and bolster your general technique. Learn to play the INSTRUMENT. Then you can play any style you want to as you learn the different kinds of ornamentations and melodies that make up distinct schools of playing - Cajun, hillbilly/Old Time, or even classical, if you are so inclined. It's all good stuff. For a better violin/fiddle, spending what you would for a good used LA accordion is probably good advice, if you can afford it. It is better to have a pretty decent sounding violin that you play all the time than several very inexpensive violins that don't do you any justice. And don't forget - and I can certainly vouch for this - a quality BOW is exceedingly important. Spend good money here, and you won't be sorry. It makes all the difference in the world. It is just as important to audition bows as it is to try out several violins. Cheers!

JB...Like ma momma always said..."one mans turd just might be another mans stoagie.. or was it Forest Gump's mamma said that?

sorry if I offended you JB just tryin to help you out. Didn't mean at all that you make the violin sound like a turd. I've made that mistake before thats why I mentioned it. Be careful with those Baggs, if you get the one where the pickup is built into the bridge then the bridge has to be cut for the specific violin you put it on. Meaning chances are it won't fit on another violin the way it should. Its kind of a one time deal. Just food for thought.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!