Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OT Festival Acadien in NB this August--How to get there?

Do our canadian posters here have any tips on the best way to travel to New Brunswick from the states? Specifically, I'd like to go to Caraquet this year for the festival Acadien and am wondering which city is the most practical to fly into. ;)

Re: OT Festival Acadien in NB this August--How to get there?

Moncton, New Brunswick would be the one. then it,s a 1 & 3/4 hr drive

I'd love to go. Caraquet/Burnsville/Bathurst area is where my Comeau family tree has a lotta roots. I believe that's why we escaped the Acadian expulsion, otherwise I'd be typing this from somewhere in southwest Louisiana......
Vive LAcadie!

Hello Tim, if you have time, it's worth the detour to visit Grand-Pré in Nova Scotia. If you do, don't hesitate to look me up in Halifax. Also, I might be in the Tracadie-Sheila (where m dad is from) and Caraquet around Aug 15. The Tintamarre in Caraquet on August 15 is something else to experience.

It's exactly the tintamarre that I'd like to see, I think it would be a highly emotional experience!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!