Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: External gooseneck mike

My European correspondant tells me about a gooseneck mic setup he has been using. What does your consist of? I am not electronically astute, by the way...

Russ Roberts
I have one of those snap-on style somewhat old-school Shure mic cartrdidges. It came with a Larry Miller C accordion I got in the mid-90s. I replaced it with a clip-on gooseneck mic, more easily changed among several accordions, probably around 2000. To my knowledge, it works fine. If anyone is interested in purchasing same, let me know (rwroberts585 [at] gmail [dot] com).

Re: External mike

Yes Mr. Big, I checked your site, It has been useful.

"snap-on Shure-based mic system" now that sound good.

I`m not in the U.S. so, maybe I`ll send Mr. Martin an email.

Thanks,

W.

Hi Wilfred,

I have an SM58 setup. I could never understand why it was fine as a vocal mic, but on the accordion ( always playing through other people's p.a. ) I could never hear it in the monitors or the speakers. Until I read Big Nick's FAQs and all was revealed.

Thanks Big - I'm deeply grateful for that info.

Like the man says, Wifred, stick a pre-amp in there and Bob's your uncle. I was so impressed, in fact, that I took a new ( eighty quid! ) SM58 I had, took a very deep breath and attacked it with a 5" angle grinder, to extract the gizmo from inside the goo ( silicon? ) and made a replica.

If you can wait til Saulieu (not long now) I'll show you in greater detail.

It's worth the effort and you get that nice old fashioned appearance as a bonus.

See you in Saulieu - get the beer in!

BJ

Hi B.J.

I can wait, Saulieu isn`t that long away.

See you there,

W.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!