Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Marc Savoy Acadian Cajun Accordion For Sale

I'll ditto what the other two responders have said. I've been learning basically on my own for about 8 months now and Big Nick's DVDs have been instrumental in my learning and improving. I'd suggest giving it a try, you've got a great accordion there.

I'll ditto on everyone also. I've been going on 4 years now (I think) with absolutely nobody else with whom to play (in Eugene, OR now). It's frustrating at times, but man.. I sure love coming home from a hard day at work and gettin' on it.

John in Oregon

Thanks for the encouragement! I have watched hundreds of youtube videos and listened to CDs with speed slowed down and purchased video lessons. The teachers that are in California are all a couple hours away.

The bottom line is that I love the style of Octa Clark and can't get the element of style that comes from growing up all your life hearing and playing it. I have a 7 piece New Orleans band, Porterhouse Bob and Down to the Bone. The Acadian would be a wonderful addition but when I play it sounds great but does not replicate the style I love.

The Acadian is in the key of C. It took Marc Savoy and his assistant a few weeks to build in Eunice, LA. It is the Model 1 ($2295): American Walnut, inlay on bellow frames, scrollwork engravings on treble side plus gig bag and built-in shure mic. There's not one scratch on it. It sounds amazing but the band has been moving more and more into the big funk horn sound (I have 4 horn players)and I'd like to purchase a new keyboard. Selling the Savoy Acadian will allow me to make that purchase (I probably will regret it all my life but at least I'm still playing the music I love).

Thanks for your support. If you know someone who would love to have this wonderful instrument please contact me by email or at 310 415 1463.

Sincerely, Porterhouse Bob

I understand if you want to sell it because you want a different instrument. But it is incorrect to think that you have to live here or grow up with it to sound right. There's a guy from England that played in the accordion shoot out that sounded awesome. And we have a Jim from Maryland in this discussion group. Its also important to realize that the great players had their own style. For example Aldus Roger sounde quite a bit different than Nathan Abshire.

hello is this accordion still available? If so, is there a picture of it that I can take a look at?? Thanks, Cathy

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!