Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Selling Roland Fr-18

Brand new! Never gigged. 8 Months of factory (1 year) warranty left. Reset to factory defaults. In original shipper with everything it came with. Black & beautiful.

it is simply amazing what this accordian will do! You can add lower & higher buttons to a standard cajun 10 button. You can set it up to play like 2 (or even 3) cajun boxes at once... with detunes in each. Or make each row a cajun accordian in a different key.

As a 3-row it is pretty much whatever you want it to be, and you can have it all set up to your performance presets and also save them to a thumb drive.

Alas, it will not do the one thing I hoped to do with it when I bought it... provide limited stradella bass options. It is easy enough to program a simple stradella with the 3 bass rows (the fr-18 is a breeze to program with either pc or mac)... but the stepped bass buttons are simply not placed correctly to allow my fingers to do what i want... so out it goes!

The factory warranty is technically not transferrable, so I would rather sell it to a fellow brave (than ebay it) so that in the off-chance something goes wrong with the accordian during the warranty period... I can (and will) act as the owner for any issues. I will also re-register my address with Roland to be the buyer's address.

Basically, you get a brand new fr-18 for $1550. and I will pay shipping and insurance in lower 48.

Re: Selling Roland Fr-18

Is this accordion still available?jj

Re: Selling Roland Fr-18

sorry- sold!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!