Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Presentation of my Bon Temps with progressive wet tuning

I tuned my F Bon Temps accordion with a progressive tuning. I didn't use the formula that DP posted some years ago, but did it all by ear. It's not 100% perfect, but it's good enough for my ears.

I started with the 6 note on the mid bank and tuned that note approximately 3 cents off.... from there I tuned all other reeds to have almost the same exact timing of beats (or wavering / tremelo / wetness)... It was difficult, but worth the time and effort. So technically, you can't say it's 3 cents off, but the whole accordion has the effect (speed of beats) of button number six at 3 cents off....

Hope you don't get bored, it's under 5 mins...

Re: Presentation of my Bon Temps with progressive wet tuning

Sounds great ... - Nout

i like that
great idea
who ever had it!
wle

You got it.. sounds great.

Beats, not cents, that's the "key:.

I had discovered this on my own, a while back, and toyed with it. I got my Hohner in D pretty close, but no where near as good as the Bon Temps.

However, it was Dana (DP) Mandel that had posted on here long ago, about the formula and the next time I attempt something like this, I'm gonna use it with a strobe tuner. Just need to buy me one. It will make it so much easier and less stressful

I wonder who coined the term Progressive Tuning. I only heard the name because of DP and bravenet... In fact I couldn't find anything else about it online, except in here.

I've seen it discussed on the melodeon.net forum. It makes sense. I hadn't noticed it much before, but I did with Chuck's box I just finished, that the high reeds sounded wetter than the lower reeds.

Like it . Sounds refreshing!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!