Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lyrics request

Bon travail Jon. Congratulation.

Marc.

Marc
Bon travail Jon. Congratulation.

Marc.

Marc, I see the 1st set of lyrics I put up were filled with punctuation errors and such. So i deleted them and added a link to a better version of the song. Unfortunately I couldn't cut and past the lyrics so the only way to read them is to go directly to the site. http://www.songlyrics.com/zachary-richard/travailler-c-est-trop-dur-lyrics/

Hi Jon,
I have 3 versions by Zachary with different lyrics
Album "Mardi Gras" : maybe the original
Album "Looking BAck" : version live
CD "Cap Enrage" : version 1996.
Feufollet sing this last version.

Marc.

Jon, thanks a lot. For some reason I couldn't copy from your link, but I could from this one.

Re: Cajun music revival in 70's

" Travailler c’est trop dur" is the Cajun song the most known in France. In 1975 or 76 it was an enormous success. With Zachary Richard, Beausoleil and Balfa Brothers, it was the beginning of the revival of the Cajun music in France, on returning to the USA, in Europe and in the World.
Excuse my bad English

Marc.

Thanks to both Jon and Marc for the info. I thought this was a somewhat obscure song, but not so...I've found several interesting versions, including Julien Clerc, Polo Hofer, Michael von der Heide...and Marc and the Boiled Crawfish from Sweden! World Music, indeed!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!