Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bon Cajun Accordion For Sale -- Key of C

My father is looking to sell his "Bon Cajun" accordion handmade by Mr. Larry Miller from Iota, LA in the late 90's. It has engravings on both treble and bass sides and inlays on bellows frames. This accordion has been kept in the air conditioning in a case and is in very playable condition. My father may have played this accordion twice a year for the past 10 years. It would only get played when I would borrow it. It has some slight normal wear (as to be expected), and has some cracking of the acrylic topcoat on the bass and treble face plates -- which was how it was purchased when new. The reeds are the finest #1 handmade steel Binci reeds, and I believe the wood type is Maple (light brown). This accordion comes with an accordion case (hard wood with carpet inside) also built by Mr. Larry Miller. This accordion case would run around $100 new. He is asking $1300 for the accordion in the case. (Note that Mr. Larry Miller is no longer building accordions -- and that new accordions (Acadian, Martin, and Falcons) are going for $2600-$3000 new + tax). The seller lives in Iowa, LA. I can be reached at (337) 499-9437. I have several photos if you would like me to send them to you.
The buyer would have to pick the accordion up in Iowa, LA; since he does not want to mess with shipping and insurance.

Photos of this accordion can be found on the craigslist add on Link 1. Two videos of me playing this accordion and showing very low air leaks can be found at the two links 2 and 3.

Re: Bon Cajun Accordion For Sale -- Key of C

That'd be a good deal for someone. Think it's worth adding that it has an internal mic?

This accordion is still for sale if anyone is interested.

There is a lady on Craig's list in Scott looking for one. Would also list in on EBay. Looks like a great deal.

Where are you located?If I can't see it in person,I will not buy it sight unseen!It is for my daughter,so she would have to play with it to see if she likes it.Thank you!
Gervis Miller--337-261-0681

Iowa, LA. Would be no problem for her to come and play it.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!