Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Big Nick's Lessons

Yup, Dana,

Big Nick's dvd's are the real deal. He is also a true Southern Gentleman. I seem to know him from somewhere...I can't place it. There's a couple people that I've worked with that he reminds me of.

I've been playing his DVD's all the time lately, whether I have my accordion in hand or not. I just want to absorb the sound.

Yesterday, my friend Bill stopped by unexpectedly when I was playing my old Hohner 10 button that he gave me late last fall. He told me that I sounded Cajun. I told him when he gave it to me, that I don't know if I can play this, and you can have it back if I can't. Well, I'm not giving it back!

I would love to have an Acadian, but I need to keep on moving on with my old '20's Hohner to warrant that(plus save up some $!).

I'm sure that there are some lurkers out there beginning their journey on their love of playing Cajun accordion. Maybe they have someone helping nearby to get them going with lessons. Some don't, so I think that Big Nick's dvd's will give them a big jump start in their learning.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!