Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Photos of a newly built Diamond Accordion by Horace J. Thibodeaux

Chuck,

Not only does Mr. Thibodeaux play the accordion and fiddle, but also plays guitar. A very versatile musician! I'm actually heading over to his place tomorrow for a little Cajun jam that he hosts at his place with another gentleman.

He truly is a great guy....such a gracious person and fun to talk to.

Looks like I might be placing an order for one of his accordions. Since he only does one or two a year....I better get in my order quick!

-Roy E.

Where can I order one of these, and what is an average price for one?

I can't find any info on this guy at all. Any links to where he sells his accordions from?

Horace J. Thibodeaux's contact info in Houston

Bill Tracy
I can't find any info on this guy at all. Any links to where he sells his accordions from?

Here ya go: Diamond Accordions are built by cajun accordion builder Horace James Thibodeaux.
800 West Sam Houston S., Suite 112, Houston, TX 77842
Phone: 713-780-2212, Email: jthib_@hotmail.com

Mr. Horace has a full-time job, so he only builds one or two boxes a year....and I'm not sure if he's even taking any new orders, but you can certainly email him or call him.

Re: Horace J. Thibodeaux's contact info in Houston

Thanks! I actually found one that Ed Poullard was selling second hand. He made sure it was up to snuff and now he's mailed it out to me! It's a Horace J. Thibodeaux "Diamond" in the key of C.

This is what it looked like, I think before he tweaked it for me:

It should be here tomorrow!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!