Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Weltmeister Cajun Accordion

You wear your ignorance like a Red Badge of Courage. I admire your loyalty and jingoism.

Cajuns make the best Cajun accordeons. I do not disagree.

Many builders make much better 1 row, ten key, 4 reed, 2 bass accordeons.

Have you played any of those I have listed...?
I have played every one and owned many of them.

Forgot to mention Eric Martin or France.

Although I don't agree with the aggressive tone about someone's 'ignorance', I do agree that the Quebec builder's boxes are less bulky, usually lighter in weight and slight differences in construction. BUT..... many Quebec players have played ACADIAN's through the years, and they are not playing Cajun music on them.
The only negative about Quebec boxes are the prices! PHEW!

Hello everyone!! I'm here to tell you that I'm now a PROUD owner of a brand new German made Weltmeister Cajun Accordion. It's black and in the key of "C". It's also tuned "dry" or "Cajun-style" as I prefer since I'm a Traditional Cajun Musician. I love this accordion. It feels somewhat like an old "Sterling" accordion, especially on the "bass box". According to some research I've done, "Weltmeister" built the old "Monarch" and "Sterling" accordions. I figured this out because of the "crown and lace" graphics on the right hand facing of the accordion. These "Weltmeisters have a nice, full, rich and clean sound and are very well tuned. These accordions are very loud. They sure pack a punch!! My brother and my sister-in-law bought my "Weltmeister" accordion for me for Christmas through "Liberty Bellows" in Philadelphia. They ordered it by mail. They sent an order through E mail and made my request. I was the last U S customer to recieve one as of last year. The next U S customer won't recieve their "Weltmeister" accordion until February. Check out my video on YouTube of me playing that accordion. These accordions are about as good as any made domestically. I think they're as good as Junior Martin's accordions and Randy Falcon's accordions. These accordions really outshine all the other imports including Hohner's "Ariette" and Gabbanelli's "Cajun King" models. I've played those other imports and they just don't measure up to Weltmeister's quality in my opinion. OK, so I might be just a little prejudiced because I'm more partial to the "Sterling" quality. I've dreamed of owning a "Sterling" for a very long time. I've played quite a few including one that belonged to none other than IRY LEJEUNE!!! "PaPa" Aldus Roger offered me his "Sterling" for $1,800 but much to my dismay, my parents said "no". I was 13 at the time. I thought I was going to get that accordion which now sits in the Hall Of Fame. But now that I got my Weltmeister my "dream" is pretty much over, thanks to my brother and my sister-in-law. If any of you have a "Sterling" or "Monarch" accordion and you plan to get rid of it, I would advise you to hang onto it because someone like me may want it. Those "Sterlings" and "Monarchs" are very, very scarce but if you want something similar to that quality, buy a Weltmeister. They're the nearest to the "Sterling" and "Monarch" since they are made in Germany BY THE SAME COMPANY!!!

Hey Bubba, you made me really curious; they must have certainly improved then, my experiences were quite different .... that D one i bought new end of 2006 was popping out reeds, a friend breaking one, air needy, buttons coming loose ... definitely not on par with even a 80-ies Zero Cette "Acadian" D i bought later, the latter being great for sound, but by far as loud and punchy as my first Acadian: as said you got me curious now! PS mine had Weltmeister on the front panel, but it looked quite similar as the Harmona branded ones i saw earlier. - Nout

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!