Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bernie David et ses amis

Those that knew Bernie David, who died way too early last month, will enjoy this video, taken at my parents house in L'anse Grise for the cochon de lait a couple years ago. Great guy and a hell of a voice.

Re: Bernie David et ses amis

Bryan,
As I said on youtube, excellent video. It doesn't get any more REAL than that. Nice group of Cadiens sitting outside around in a circle and making music. Really cool. I hadn't heard of Bernie David before.
Thanks.

Guess no one remembers him!

I think it's worth pointing out that the fiddle player is counting the waltz in the old Cadien style. Stomps his foot on the 3-1 beat, instead of the normal-anglo 2-3 beat. I've had to re-learn this counting in order to become more traditionally correct.
Tradition, tradition, tradition.............Keepin' it pure.

Glad you noticed that :) thats me! it took me quite some time to learn that little trick but it payed off immensely. I could hear it in the recordings of the old guys and thought... what a novel idea to keep the feel of a cajun waltz.

Bernie was an awesome vocalist and devoted accordion player. He was also very proud of his heritage and involved in keeping it alive. He was a character and I sure will miss him.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!