Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Video of a Cajun jam just a few nights ago at the Blue Moon in Lafayette, LA

Took this little video with my cell phone (sorry about the shortness and video quality).

It was a great time watching complete friends and strangers coming together to play some Cajun tunes. Also, it was great seeing how many of the musicians were young people....keeping the tradition alive!

If you haven't made it to the Blue Moon Saloon in Lafayette, LA....it's well worth the trip!

-RE

Re: Video of a Cajun jam just a few nights ago at the Blue Moon in Lafayette, LA

Looks like a great time for all. I would love to have been there. Thanks for posting.

Re: Video of a Cajun jam just a few nights ago at the Blue Moon in Lafayette, LA

That's Robert Doucet on the box.

How much fun to see myself turn up in a video on here! Its almost always a great crowd--most of us are young, and we get a wide variety of great musicians who drop by regularly or just every once in a while. Stop by if you're in town!

Awesome! Were you the one playing accordion?

I'll be in Lafayette again pretty soon! I met a lot of people there that night I took this video! Hope to meet more next time!

-R.E.

Oh no, I'm the one grinning while I play guitar. Robert Doucet is on accordion in this video and most weeks.

Are you the happy girl in black? :-D

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!