Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: lessons

If you can't locate a teacher then by all means get Big Nick's DVDs. They are professionally produced and you will find that Nick is an excellent teacher. Start with Vol 1 and work up to Vol 3. You will get a good background and start off on the right foot. They are very reasonably priced and worth every penny. You also need to listen to Cajun music as much as possible to get a feel for it. You can listen on www.cajunmusicradio.com for starters or sign up for KBON out of Layafette, LA. You can also download songs on iTunes. Start with Amede Ardoin, Iry Legeune, Octa Clark, Nathan Abshire with the Balfa Brothers, The Carriere Brothers for starters. Also stay in touch with this forum for lots and lots of good information. Good luck.

Re: lessons

Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you a list of guys in Houston who can probably give you some help. I imagine you already have the CD's and need a living, breathing human to keep you straight. Not that Big is not living and breathing; he is. His CD just can't tell you when you f***-up.
JB

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!