Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: want to buy

Nout is correct as to carefully checking out your potential purchase. However the accordion could be a very nice find. John Roger is the builder and he is a very good woodworker and accordion builder. He carefully matches the wood grain in his insturments. The "Cajun" brand is carved out and covered with Gold Leaf. He does not build very many instruments but the one he does build are very well made. He built an accordion for Paul Daigle that you should be able to hear on You Tube. Check the links I have provided.

Re: John Roger

I have to second Bruce.
John Roger is a fine wood craftsman.
I spent some time talking with him and trying his accordions many years ago at an accordion festival.

The accordions that I tried at that time were build on an old traditional design and were a bit more mellow in sound and volume than say a Martin or Bon Tee which are brighter and louder.

As I say, this was 15 years ago, so I know nothing about his current designs.
Regardless they were fine, very playable instruments with very attractive, quality wood working.

If I didn't already have too many accordions, I would consider buying it myself.

Re: John Roger

hey guys, I bought an accordion today....found it on CraigsList in Houston....it's a walnut, model 2 Acadian that was made by Marc, pitched in C....Bought it from a young man who bought it new in August of last year but hasn't had time to play it. Got a Peavey gig bag, shoulder strap and Marc's instructional DVD in the deal....I'm a student musician again !

I have Acadian in mint condition in C I'm going to list on eBay

Just took pics today.
231-383-0800 cell.

I have three C boxes. Never wanted to scratch this one.
Kirk

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!