Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Balfa roll call

Change of plans: Will be there all week, small dorm.

I plan on being there for the weekend.

Glad to hear about all the Braves coming; hope Maz falls off on the right side of the fence he's presently sitting on; and sorry to hear Mark's not coming - bummer!

I think you've had an excellent idea, Chuck! Let's all get together at a particular time and place on Saturday. Let me think about it a bit first, but my first thought is to get together whenever the zydeco band is playing . . .

Jamey Hall
Glad to hear about all the Braves coming; hope Maz falls off on the right side of the fence he's presently sitting on; and sorry to hear Mark's not coming - bummer!

I think you've had an excellent idea, Chuck! Let's all get together at a particular time and place on Saturday. Let me think about it a bit first, but my first thought is to get together whenever the zydeco band is playing . . .

Cory Ledet's a great guy and a genius musician, but when he starts, lets all us Braves meet at the other end of the parking lot, in the middle, right across the road from the jam tent; that way we won't disturb the jammers, if there are any, and if there are not, we can saunter across the road and commandeer the jam tent!

Sound like a plan?

Sounds good!

Is Corey still playing super loud?

I dunno. Corey's a GREAT player, but I don't remember him being particularly loud when I've seen him. But I don't tend to go hear zydeco very much.

Hey Ron, e-mail me @ thehappyhalls@sbcglobal.net If you're still looking, I have an accordion I might sell, and I'm interested in what kind of keyboard accordions you have . . .

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!