Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chad Cormier

I didn't see anything on here about the recent death of a good friend of mine, Chad Cormier. Chad was 39. He passed Saturday at around 2 PM. I know he died of some sort of asthma attack related to an allergy of some kind. Not quite sure of the specifics.

Chad was the son of Nolan Cormier. Also related to Andrew Cormier. Chad also had a brother named Mitchell.

I remember how nice of a guy Chad was. Chad always treated me kindly when I would compete against him at the Crowley Rice Festival accordion contest. Chad and I would talk for hours at those events. My dad and my uncle Chris were the same ages as Mitchell and Chad. They had been knowing each other since they were my age and they met at a band competition when my dad was around my age at Acadian Village. They had also shared the stages at festivals and for years, The whole Cormier family (Nolan, Mitchell, and Chad) played right next door to my dad and my uncle in the French Quarter.

It's sad to say we lost a really good musician to Cajun music. Chad could play just about any instrument, and all with skill!

Chad's service started Monday and ended yesterday. I didn't get a chance to go, but my dad and uncle did.

Rest in peace, Chad.

Re: Chad Cormier

Sorry for your loss. Friends are such a big part of our lives...surround yourself.

Re: Chad Cormier

Sometimes, we get to cross path with people who touch us in some way with their kindness. I never got to meet Chad but judging from several comments on FB, he seemed to be a nice soul.

Some of his legacy is now into his friends, family and other people he touched while he was alive.

May he rest in peace.

My condolences to his friends & family.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!