Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nifty iPad interface device

I just got a Tascam iXZ interface for my iPad or iPhone. This allows direct input of mic or guitar to the iPad through the headphone port. With two AA batteries, it supplies phantom power for condenser mics. Allows the connection of a high-quality mic for recording on the iPad. Simple and easy, even for an old dude. $50 from Sweetwater.

Link #2 to Sweetwater Audio.

Re: Nifty iPad interface device

Very cool. Saw it but was sketchy about it...What app did you use Mr. Ned?

Re: Nifty iPad interface device

Recorder Plus (free), I've got Pro ($4.99) from iTune Ap Store. Also enhances the built-in video recorder with high quality sound (as good as your mic).

I have an Audio-Technica Pro 35 clip-on mic. When it's clipped on the treble side, it loses the bass. I clipped it on a camera tripod and placed it about a foot-and a half in front of the accordion and it picks up both sides.

It has a 2-in-1 jack that receives an XLR or a 1/4" input, switch for guitar or mike input, with option to supply phantom power, plus a headphone jack for playback.

Plug-and-play that really works.

-Nedro

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!