Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wayne Toups Documentary

Hey guys-

Someone told me I should come on here and give an update for the Wayne Toups Doc- I know quite a few people have been asking me "When is it going to be done?" So I have an answer- it will be released in November. We have run into LOTS of problems with scheduling, and it hasn't been so easy to get interviews that we need with some of the key people in Wayne's life.

I know you all who donated money are curious as to why it hasn't been released and why I haven't gotten back to you in a timely matter. It costs lots of money to make a documentary. $5000 isn't much considering how much I've spent out of pocket to pay assistants, editors, grips, etc. Not to mention licensing for songs and footage in the film...

We've all been busy and I did not, and do not, want to rush the project. Now that it's sailing more smoothly, we can have a definite date- feel free to email me at wilsonsavoy@gmail.com if you have questions or input on the film.

Thanks to all of our supporters-
Wilson Savoy

Re: Wayne Toups Documentary

Hey Wilson,

I've been wondering off and on about this project. I sure would like to see it. Thanks for the update.

Off topic... how is that 13-button project coming? Man.. Gina was sure all fired up about that at Balfa Camp last year.

John in Oregon

I think the biggest concern with most was the length of time with no update. Looking forward to it. A++

I'm looking forward to it brutha!

Has the doc been completed? If so, where can it be seen or purchased?

Yes Wilson, we would really like to know when and where we can get our hands on this. Looking forward to it.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!