Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Steve Riley and Mitch Reed host Tune & Jam

January 30th, 6-8 pm, The Front Room, 1301 Avenue A, Scott, LA. Facebook link #2 has all the info.

Who's going?

Re: Steve Riley and Mitch Reed host Tune & Jam

I'm not sure if I'll make it. But Nedro, you're not planning on driving all the way down just for that are you? If so, let me know!

Jon,

I'm getting a tuneup from Steve Riley tomorrow, and I'm coming back for T&J. It's a pretty fair drive, but I'm stuck where there ain't no Cajun players. Call it an educational expense.

Might be cheaper for me to buy a cabin on the bayou, huh?

Hope to see you there.

Nedro

Nedro
Jon,

I'm getting a tuneup from Steve Riley tomorrow, and I'm coming back for T&J. It's a pretty fair drive, but I'm stuck where there ain't no Cajun players. Call it an educational expense.

Might be cheaper for me to buy a cabin on the bayou, huh?

Hope to see you there.

Nedro

Wait, you are going to get a lesson from Steve tomorrow? Are you driving all the way down here for a lesson? Because I think Steve does Skype lessons. Btw, when you come down for that tune and jam, let me know and I'll teach you a song for free. Just give me a call/email/facebook/text whatever...

I've got to go by Savoy's too, so it makes more sense. Still, I don't mind the drive when there's Cajun music involved. Here in T-Town, it's just me and the woodshed.

As for teaching me a song, you already have. I hope to post Talles de Ronces soon. Thanks for the lesson. :-)

Nedro
I've got to go by Savoy's too, so it makes more sense. Still, I don't mind the drive when there's Cajun music involved. Here in T-Town, it's just me and the woodshed.

As for teaching me a song, you already have. I hope to post Talles de Ronces soon. Thanks for the lesson. :-)

Well, my offer still stands.

...and if you can't make it, send Brody as your stand-in!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!