Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Accordion seeks home-beware of Ebay scams

Hello everyone, I have been away a couple days, but I had listed an accordion on Ebay and had a very strange thing happen. (It was the Mouton "c" box, I saw it was mentioned lower on this page. ) Anyway, the auction ended at $935.00 and I sent the invoice today and not only did the auction end about an hour early, but I received a response from a different person concerning the paypal. About four minutes later, I received an email from Ebay telling me I was the victim of an attempted scam and all of the information about the auction was deleted. I was told " sorry but you would have to relist this auction" I am frustrated by all of this, but if anyone here is interested just send me an email as I am probably not going to relist it on Ebay. The thing that told me something was wrong was the fact that the responder sent a link where they wanted me to enter my username and password through the email- not an Ebay practice. Oh, and although it does not affect the sound, it has mitred corners Thanks to everyone

Re: Accordion seeks home-beware of Ebay scams

I get Ebay scam-spam all the time. I never do anything on Ebay (or Paypa) that wasn't initiated by myself. You can still be fooled. To reassure you, I have never had a really bad Ebay experience. Some items were a bit disappointing, but it was probably my fault for not reading between the lines. Only ever had one item that someone bought and never paid for.

I wouldn't feel shy about relisting it.

John

Accordion is claimed

I just wanted to pass on that the accordion is sold to a fellow brave. Thanks guys

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!