Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Acadian D on ebay

Their is an acadian accordion on ebay, key of D. Way it sounds belonged to an elderly gentleman who is unable to play it anymore. Bidding starts at $1200 with no reserve.

Re: Acadian D on ebay

Always difficult to check. I once bought a seldom used car which belonged to a 90 year old lady, they said ........ (joking)
But It Is A Beauty, this accordion. If I were a collector I'd buy it (but alas , I have a very fine acadian)
Pity that used instruments approach or exceed the price of a new one, even when they cannot be played before buying.
The 'Pitt Mott handmade' dumped by Eddie Lejeune will exceed its value twice, if our forum members are right.

Gus

Re: Re: Acadian D on ebay

Since when is 64 "elderly". He ain't that old, but once old 'Arthur Ritus' gets ahold of you, you better put it up for good or put it up for sale. So far I've been lucky.
JB

Re: Re: Re: Acadian D on ebay

Most pain does not damage you. In fact, if you can exercise through the pain it will usually lessen if not go away. An over the counter analgesic will help get through it. Degenerative diseases such as arthritis can be an exception, but if you can maintain joint flexibility and range of movement you can usually reduce the effects. I wonder if our friend here really needs to give up playing. Physical therapy, even things like tai chi and yoga may help quite a lot to increase range of movement etc. A daily 30 minute walk, swinging the arms, head up, at a brisk pace may alone do enough to get him playing again. I hope to be playing well into my 80's and beyond. I really hope the same for all of us.

Re: Re: Re: Acadian D on ebay

I thought he got it for his 64th birthday. He doesn't tell how long ago it was. He cpould be older by now...

Gus

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!