Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need Lyrics to Valse Duralde

Help me out ya'll. My new favorite waltz is off of the Les Amis Creole cd. Duralde waltz. One of those really simple waltzes on twin fiddles that carries alot of power and emotion in my book. I've got most of the lyrics but a few lines are leaving me stumped. If somebody out there could get me a full set of lyrics, I'd be forever greatful Thanks in advance guys as I'm sure somebody will come through. Ya'll always do!
Layne Z.

Re: Need Lyrics to Valse Duralde

here ya go...

roger

Dis bye-bye à ton pop et ta mom, malheureuse
Pour t’en revenir, mais ouais, m’rejoindre là bas à Duralde
Tu m’avais promis, fait des promesses
De revenir me rejoindre, catin
Avant trop longtemps moi je vois après t’en revenir

‘Gardez donc, tu croyais, ta famille aurait toujours
Pris pour toi, parce ce que tu m’as fait quitter, catin
À bien jongler, toi tu vois, pour toi meme, bébé
Tous nos chagrins qu’on est après se passer
Ça fait pas de bien

C’est trop tard pour les enfants s’en revenir
Se lamenter pour toi, c’est toi qu’a fait la grosse erreur
Tu m’as dit, toi, bébé, tu voulais plus me voir
C’est trop tard, tu vas revenir peut-être un bonjour

Re: Re: Need Lyrics to Valse Duralde

Cedric Watson follows the lyrics Roger posted, which I'm assuming is Iry's lyrics, almost exactly except for a couple parts.

In the first line of the second verse, instead of "Gardez donc..." he says "Chere tite monde..."

In the first line of the last verse, he "Les enfant, mais c'est trop tard pour s'en revenir". In the third line he adds "Chere tite fille..." before "Tu m'as dit...) and omits "bebe".

A good example of changing the words some, but he stays very close to Iry's version.

In Ron Yule's book on Iry, he gives a little history on this song. It was a song Iry's fiddler, Wilson Granger, learned from his father, who used to whistle it while the worked. Iry made up the words for the recording, which was done in his kitchen. Iry wanted to play the fiddle for the song, but Wilson talked him out of it, so Iry is singing only. Supposedly someone came to the door in the middle of the recording, which prompted the famous dog barking, which was missed and accidently stayed on the song. I love hearing the story behind a song.

Re: Need Lyrics to Valse Duralde

Get the Ron Yule book on Iry LeJeune that came out recently. Has all the lyrics to his songs. Great stories too!

Re: Re: Need Lyrics to Valse Duralde

I agree. I just finished it. Pretty interesting in depth info on the music seen at the time. Iry's lyrics are probably different than the one requested though.

Re: Thanks Fellas

Ask and ye shall recieve! Makes my day. Now I've got homework.

Re: Re: Thanks Fellas

Some of those lyrics are hard to fit in when you actually sing it...
especially the phrase "par ce que m'a fait quitter, catin".
I hear something that sounds like "pa's'tu m'a fait quitter, catin.

Re: Re: Re: Thanks Fellas

yeah, i sing it and fit the words in, but it takes some finesse.
whenever anyone asks for lyrics, it should be taken with a grain of salt. how you make it your own, well that's up to you

roger

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!