Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cajun accordionists in Arkansas/NW Arkansas area?

I'd love to meet some more (or ANY) Cajun players or Cajun wanabees (my category) in Arkansas, or in the Fayetteville/NW Arkansas corner area. My # is 479-502-2893. Call anytime!

Thanks, Jamey Hall

Re: Cajun accordionists in Arkansas/NW Arkansas area?

Welcome. I live in Austin Texas, but my Gr-Grandfather was born on the White River 6 miles S. of Fayetteville. Still got lots of relatives in the area. I have the same problem finding other Cajun players. Good luck.

John Fine

Re: Re: Cajun accordionists in Arkansas/NW Arkansas area?

'Bout time you came back home for a visit then! Do you know Debra Peters there in Austin? She's a PA player with her band, The Love Saints.

Is Joplin, MO close enough for you?

Jude are you in or around Joplin?
Greg

Re: Re: Re: Cajun accordionists in Arkansas/NW Arkansas area?

Yup, I'm in Joplin...at least until we can find a way to get back to LA.
Jude

I'll take what I can get! How far is Joplin, a couple of hours? You ever make it down this way? How long you been playing?

-Jamey

Hey Jamey,
I live in Morrilton in Conway Co, central Ark. Been playing for about 8-9 years. There are more players in Arkansas, I know some in Little Rock, and Benton area, there are a few more in Southern Arkansas. There is a group of us that meets once a month in Benton Arkansas for a Cajun jam. I don't make all of them but have attended some. I got 3 accordions, my first one in C made by Larry Miller, got a dry Master in D, and wet Martin in D, plus I have a 3 row Hohner.
Do you have a accodion? I got my email on my post if you want to talk some more
MarkS

Hey Mark, you were the guy I was hoping to talk to after seeing the picture above. I'll e-mail when I get the chance, it's about bed time for me now.

I've got about 12-15 accordions, all piano key, not all of which are in decent repair. I mostly play my own songs, but I would love to be able to play a Cajun accordion. First things first though: I have to get one! Maybe I can make one of y'all's jam sessions, but right now I'm in the middle of Xmas light season, so I don't expect I'll be free before Xmas.

Talk to you soon, Jamey Hall

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!