Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ok...I'm sold...Lost Bayou Ramblers are Tre Bien

Check out link #3 above and follow the other postings. I'd pay to hear these guys long before the Pine Leaf Boys. This is Good.

John
Austin, TX

Re: Ok...I'm sold...Lost Bayou Ramblers are Tre Bien

See em all at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=falcanary

WF

Lost Bayou Ramblers are Tre Bien and I loved Stevie Ray Vaughn!

I do have the advantage of having lived in Austin for 46 years...I saw Stevie live over a dozen times...that is a different experience than simply listening to his recordings. His live perfomance is what grabbed me.
Right now I'm listening to the Lost Bayou Ramblers play "Les Temp Apres fini" What a beautiful soulful song. So well done. So much feeling in it.

see them live if you get a chance

you won`t regret it, they`re rockin`

Wilfred

Re: see them live if you get a chance

Yeah, Wilfred I agree.
Read the short review and see the pictures of a gig in the Netherlands a few weeks ago.
No smoking please on one of the pictures.

Re: Re: see them live if you get a chance

The song Blue Moon Special is awesome!

Re: Re: Re: see them live if you get a chance

I`ve got only one album, and from that album I like
Hot Shoes, Bayou Perdu and North Louisiana Blues the most, nothing wrong with the other songs, but these are my favorites.

Wilfred

Re: Re: Re: see them live if you get a chance

Whoa, whoa, WHOA there Mr. Maz... "awesome"??? Are you absolutely sure?

I think we should take a poll.

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: see them live if you get a chance

Blue Moon Special all the way!

Check this out on YouTube! Does the ambiance ever get better than that?

they are having some bons temps

i;ve seen the lost bayou ramblers

nice guys

great musicians

they are having a good time when they play

don;t get them started on swamp politics and
the corps of engineers though!

the boys are kind of opinionated on that
subject..

nature
conservation
tradition

wle.

Re: they are having some bons temps

The future of Cajun music is in good hands with the LBRs. But they kinda remind me of the PLBs. Which doesn't diminish the fact that Cajun music is in good hands! Hold on, I'm trying to point out the fact that regardless of [who] is performing this genre -- there's some young faces keeping the flame burning -- and [that] can only be a *very* positive thing! Enjoyable clip

BTW, I'd like to say that this board has really been a lot of fun this week. It's the best rendezvous of minds I think I've ever experienced in the past couple of years. I've learned -- and continue to learn -- so much about Louisiana music and plain ol' personal perspectives. This is huge for a troubadour like myself. Great contributors abound here!

R!CK

Re: Re: they are having some bons temps

Don't get me started on protecting the Bayou the Corp either. If it wasn't for Corp projects the Mississippi would have changed course and New Orleans would be dry. One of the reasons NO is sinking is the Mississippi doesn't flood like it used to depositing new silt and soil each year. A bad thing - a good thing?... Wetlands protection and restoration is a very important issue. If the wetlands still existed as 50-100 years ago, Katrina would not have done anywhere near as much damage. Nature will protect us if we let her do it.

Re: Re: Re: they are having some bons temps

John... accordion forum. Cajun music and stuff, remember?

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: they are having some bons temps

Yes, of course. Couldn't help myself.

I need to go play my Le Capitaine for a while. I love that box more and more each day. Kind of like a new girlfriend.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: they are having some bons temps

I still spend at least an hour a day with my arms wrapped around one of my girlfriends. I usually wait 'til the wife is out of the house 'cuz she says they're too loud and it's like talking to a wall when I'm squeezin'.

Hey, if you ever want a good read about the disappearing Louisiana wetlands, check out the book, "Bayou Farewell" by Mike Tidwell. It's a book you'll find as hard to put down and walk away from as you Big Lake fix!

R!CK

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!