Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Check out this idiot on ebay

I am speachless...

Re: Check out this idiot on ebay

I thought of posting it too! I bet an authenic Cajun handmade that thang. Was it Wang Chung Boudreaux? Hey, I even had one myself, not bad for the money.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1000 years.. hum, must have played during Corfu's Egyptian Cajun reign.

Perhaps you can dip it in hot water and make tea out of it. Problem is there is a sucker born every minute, and some unfortunate person will buy into it.

A 1000 years. Wow. Things haven't changed much, have they?

Re: Re: Check out this idiot on ebay

Gosh, y'all are so rough. I meant "100" and not "1000". AND I PREFER TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS SO IT APPEARS AS THOUGH I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT HERE. IT ALSO MAKES ME SEEM LIKE I AM SHOUTING.

LOL.

Ya gotta love the photo... it's like someone walked up on some roadkill and snapped a pic!

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Check out this idiot on ebay

What would the board be like without Rick's outstanding insight !!!!!!! Gotta love it, roadkill...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Check out this idiot on ebay

The Chinese "KANG" was the predecessor of all reed instruments... and probably goes back A COUPLA THOUSAND YEARS!

So this guy really hasn't lied about that part--- use of the authentic cajun thing may just be a slight mis-understanding, since the Chinese ancerstry is pretty evident.

'sheng' or 'cheng'

it was actually called a 'sheng' or 'cheng'
really

wle.

Re: 'sheng' or 'cheng'

They actually still make them today...
A friend of mine brought one back from Laos, where it is called a "Kang."

So, they've been made that way for 1000 years, eh? Actually, I think it has been 2000 years and Jesus Christ himself played one just like it on the shores of the Sea of Galilea!

-David

Okay, okay, Jesus played an accordion? And then they crucified him.

(There's an easy set up for an accordion joke!)

Re: Re: Re: Check out this idiot on ebay

I guess you guys are right. I knew there was a photo taken of him.

WF

as i thought, He played Bon Tee Cajun.

Wilfred

...and Jesus said, "Amen I say to you. Let there be Cajun music." Cajun music was created and it was awesome.

-Hesitations 1:2-3

One thing you actually can use these boxes for, even a used one, is to move the bass box to your Hohner 114. Then you get a quite decent bass mechanism instead of those horrible spoons.

I love the Jesus pic!

fools, it ' s an angel

Look: He's got wings. Also angels can have a Jesus look (beard). Check if he's got holes in his hands (sorry other members if we are going too far)

Gus

Re: fools, it ' s an angel

Nope, those ain't wangs, just his white robe blowing in the wind. My Aunt Nelle had that picture hung up over her bed.
I believe that in one of the "Lost Gospels" there is also mention of St. Peter playing the fiddle, St. James the guitar, and Judas Iscariot, the triangle. Not to be trusted, those lost ancient text, even if they are nearly 2K plus years old.
Speaking of e-bay, anybody have experience with the box listed on the above site? May be a good starter. At least the seller seems to have part of a brain...
JB

Re: Re: fools, it ' s an angel

The box on e bay is worth $149

then dump another 10 hours and $100 into it and it will be worth the "Buy Now" price of $179

I thought you nailed it with that picture until I remembered that most folks in the know understand JC was left handed...

I like the "made from 1" stock" ...

Sheng not Kang

Re: Re: Re: fools, it ' s an angel

I just knew Jesus had to love Cajun! You can do some work to the keyboard and flapper rods, and glue the reed blocks down to make it a better instrument. Don't believe the Dry Cajun tuning too much as they are usually on the wet side. Also, you may have too wear a gas mask for the first three months while pumping the bellows-unless you like to sniff glue that is! I would still say for some fiend looking to suppress the accordion itch, it ain't bad for the price. Also, the older model Ariette, The Morelli, and several others look like exact clones of this box.

Re: Re: fools, it ' s an angel

Jou must be right. But did he already have the accordion in his hands at that time with aunt Nelle?

Gus

Re: Re: Re: fools, it ' s an angel

All I know was that she was a real prim, proper, and pious widder woman. Since I was only 10 or 11 when she expired, I did not understand the inner workings of the mind of the female person. Still don't, 50+ years later. Jesus was not playing his accordion at that particular time in her picture. Must have been on a short 'pause for the cause'.
JB

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!