Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cost of reeds

apropos of nothing in particular,
can anyone give me a rough idea what
a set of, say, binci professional reeds
would cost now, in american dollars?

assume i am just buying one complete set..

not that i am, but just wondering what
part of the cost of an accordion is the reeds

used to be [10 years ago] i think the
reeds cost $300-400,
and the accordion was $1000, roughly

so what is it now?

thx
wle

Re: cost of reeds

Binci's: you can inquire here ...... about a year ago it was around $ 200, excl VAT (probably not for you), plus FedEx some $ 60; guess they wont ship otherwise; a lot of standard-mail-shipped parcels disappear in the Italian post cirquit, happened to me, regs nout

http://accordions.com/binci/info.htm

Re: Re: cost of reeds

I bought a set of D reed a few years ago as a private person without any problems, and the reeds arrived within a week. The price then was also was about $200 total within the EU + shipping. I guess you'll have to pay VAT and import taxes to the US, though. Before I ordered directly from Binci, I asked a swedish accordion shop for their price for a set of Binci reeds, and they wanted $500 for the same set. I had another shop to change and tune the reeds in my Martin for another $200, total price less than the first shop's price for just the reeds.

/Gunnar

Re: cost of reeds

Contact Greg Mouton for correct pricing. It keeps going up. Last I heard it was $265.Up from $210 about a year ago.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!