Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interested in a quality used C Box

Hello listmembers. I have been playing a two row G/C Hohner for a few years and have learned some Cajun tunes on it which sound dreadful. I am interested in buying a used LA handmade from a reliable source so I can play something with the proper sound and tuning. It was the sound of the Cajun accordion that got me interested in the accordion in the first place, but I ended up with what was locally available and it has served me well for learning a variety of styles ( mostly French and the French version of Irish music). I already have a Hohner so I am not keen on getting a 114. I would like to try something different.

The key of C is ideal for me because most of the tutorial materials are in that key. I also might be able to use it to teach my son to play. He is getting frustrated with his 7 button toy.

From reading this list off and on over the years I gather a quality used box can still be had for less than $1000, which is what would seem reasonable to me, but I also appreciate that they are getting harder to find. I did try to contact the woman with the Cajun Classic for sale a few weeks back but my emails bounced and she didn't pick up the phone when I called. I have emailed some builders/dealers and come up empty so far. Any other leads?

Thanks,

Stan from Canada

Re: Interested in a quality used C Box

contact me at above email. I may be selling a used Martin, Acadian or Falcon in C.

Glenn

Re: Re: Interested in a quality used C Box

Glenn will treat you right... You also could call some of the builders like Larry and Jay Miller or Jude Moreau etc and ask if they know of any used boxes. I think Glenn could give you the phone numbers.

Re: Re: Re: Interested in a quality used C Box

Jude probably has the best quality to prices I've seen..as Larry Miller's were..

Mine are nice used boxes.. hate parting with one but have some expenses..

good luck.. G.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Interested in a quality used C Box

Thanks Glenn and John for the info. I appreciate your help. My email to Jay Miller bounced for some reason. I did receive a very polite and timely reply from Jude, but no used boxes around. I would not hesitate to deal with him if I was looking to have a new box built. Glenn I have sent you an email. I think what I have had in mind is a "somewhat less than top of the line" box that originally came from one of the less expensive builders. My guess is that one of those can still be had in the price range I am looking for.

Thanks again,

Stan

Re: Re: Interested in a quality used C Box

Hi Glenn,

I tried e-mailing you also, but am not sure I got through. Did I? You can reply to my e-mail address above.

Thanks, Jamey Hall

Jude Moreau box in C just went up for sale on Ebay

Posted above as well. This would be perfect for you.

link #3

John

Re: Jude Moreau box in C just went up for sale on Ebay

Yes thanks John. I agree that this one is worth watching. It looks to be in nice shape.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!