Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Grand Mamou Accordion

I've been lurking on this site for a while and wanted to post my first message to tell how I first discovered Big Nick's site while searching for new music; how his instructional videos inspired me to try to learn the accordion at a somewhat late age; how a poker/fishing buddy of mine from Iota hooked me up with Larry Miller; how I bought a refurbished Grand Mamou, built by the late Roy Bertrand, from Larry; how much I love the instrument; how I'm working through the Dirk Powell videos and how I'm pleasantly surprised by my very-short-term progress.

But after reading some of the recent mean-spirited comments on this site, I'm thinking better of it.

Re: New Grand Mamou Accordion

Welcome and please stick around. You saw a dark side that surfaces every now and then. But you can learn a great deal here, there are a lot of very knowledgeable people who are very generous with their knowledge.

Thanks Bryan. I have already gotten some good information from many of the posts, and most all of them seem to be friendly folks.

No, No, No, don't go away. Your story is much like mine. I picked up my first box (a Hohner 114c) in April this year. Now I have a wonderful "Le Capitaine" made by Danny Dyson in Big Lake, LA. The love deepens every day. Next thing is you need to go to Balfa Camp in April. See link #1

Welcome

Hi Larry.

My name is Griff and I like cajun accordion.

This is my twelve-step site dealing with 'addiction.'

LArry, stick around and tell us what tune you are working on, and why you like that tune.

peace,
Griff

Re: Re: New Grand Mamou Accordion

Hey Griff,
I haven't noticed you posting here in a while. Good to see you're still around.

And, peace right back at ya' brother.

Re: Re: Re: New Grand Mamou Accordion

Tee Joe--

Life is good and I've got no worries.

Keep well buddy.

peace,
Griff

There's lots of good people and good info here. Don't let the occasional cyber road rage keep you from posting. Love to see a pic of that Grand Mamou box!
Steve

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!