Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Martin accordion on ebay

Got a martin accordion on ebay for sale. it says its over 10 years old, and i don't think it's worth the 2200 reserve with no case or strap.

Re: Martin accordion on ebay

And the seller is in Italy...cost a bit for shipping. Not sure what Jr. is charging for new, but can't be much more. I expect this will go to a european buyer if it goes at all.

Re: Re: Martin accordion on ebay

I'm selling it. The shipping ( as the ad states ) is free to U.S. Canada and Europe.

It has a $200 pro internal mic on it..and is on of Jr.'s nicer early deluxe models, varnish, nice low action, very smooth, and good tuning.

Better than new.

The auction allows for returns and refund.

Thought I would clarify.

Thanks. GLENN

Re: Re: Re: Martin accordion on ebay

That's my old red F box. Had Junior install some Salpa #2s in it in the key of C. Nice accordion, clean and lacquered, better than the new Martins with the cheezy poly finish.

Hey Glenn, how much did I sell it to you for? Let's see... it was Yurk! Gag! Scrontch! Oh yeah, I remember... -L-

Re: Re: Re: Re: Martin accordion on ebay

Nice box indeed Tommy.. I will end up holding on to it. I much prefer these older ones to the newer ones.. this should go to a pro, but is in good hands here too and has seen some great times. It is in PRISTINE shape and is the easiest action of any Cajun box I've played..very fast keyboard..

I won't budge on the price....

and since the dollar has gone down 6% since August and 24% since 2002 in comparison with the Euro.. I've appropriated its worth.. and the market most certainly will disagree..

Hope you are fine Tom-san..

G

Thanks for the clarification, Glenn. Sounds like it would be worth the money...special box.

glenn, can you describe and maybe post a picture of the mic and the internals? thanks hb

Re: Re: Re: Re: Martin accordion on ebay

will try and do some pics.. if not of this one .. one like it done by same installer ( pro job.. pro mic.. )..

G.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!