Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Buyers Beware

I had the opportunity last evening to lay my hands on the latest creation of Jude Moreau. If you are contemplating a future purchase from this builder, heed my warning and steer clear.

Built upon the simplest of ideas, this accordion is totally absent of fancy marquetry. It is totally appalling to me that one would rob the visual aspects of todays music by building such a simple box.

The tightness and action of this instrument was disturbing, as well. I am in favor of bellows that demand maximum stretch when playing. While playing this particular item, I wasn't able to open it more than six to eight inches. The fingerboard action was slick and glass-like causing my fingers to slip over to buttons that I don't care for.

Mr. Moreau constructed this box at the request of my good friend, Clint. I am completely embarassed by the result as it was I who recommended the builder. I cannot, in good faith, allow my friend to get this accordion. I fear that I may have to give up mine so that my friend will get a quality accordion.

Jude, I will be by to pick up that one.

Re: Buyers Beware

Ganey, if I understand you right, there's no bells and whistles? No fancy inlay to distract the listener in case you miss a roll? Let me do the humanitarian thing, send it up to Jersey to keep it out of harm's way.
Steve

Re: Re: Buyers Beware

I'm confused, Jude. I know you have a sterling reputation, making some of the best boxes in the La/Texas area. I know Ed P. speaks highly of you (you taught him everything he knows).
I guess this guy gets his exercise spreading his arms wide as he plays. Probably a new form of Yoga.

Re: Re: Re: Buyers Beware

John;

Ganey was flaming Jude--rather he was doing the opposite. Strong respect and admiration.

peace,
Griff

Re: Re: Re: Re: Buyers Beware

Should have read "Ganey was NOT flaming Jude..."

note to self--remedial typing class

peace,
Griff

Now I realize that...I'm a little slow, maybe it's the cold front.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Buyers Beware

Don't feel bad--I read it wrong the first time, too!

Blair

You know you'll have to fight Ed for it ?

Glad you made home safe, it was a good time . We'll have to do that again.
Jude

Poullard can build his own trainwreck. I'll even let him study it. LOL!

I take runaways..or permanent layaways..

the home for wayward 'cordions..

I make'um righteous and then set them free-reeding..

Maybe it would like a home in California? I only have one Jude Moreau accordion, and it's getting a little lonely. Like having just one kitten--you really need two at least.

Blair

Maybe you need to bring it back home to visit it's brothers and sisters ,
You could catch us a bottle of that beautiful Califonia weather and bring it to us when you come
Jude

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Buyers Beware

Now that's a thought!

Haven't checked in to this board for quite a while. Seems things are lively, as usual :-)

Ganey,

You're doing the right thing by keeping that accordion away from Clint.

Friends don't let fiddlers play the accordion.

You got that right, Cory! Good to hear from you. Clint and I had an agreement. I'll stay off the fiddle if he stays off the accordion. I guess I'll have to start making the cats cry.

Ganey...snicker...you made my afternoon..

Now we're havin' fun. There have been some really kind, gentle
and witty posts these past few days. It feels good. Just what this
list and this music are about - havin' fun.

Gene

"Having fun" is what we did last Sat. night.
Jude

LEAVE MY ACCORDION ALONE!!!!HE CAN BUILD ANY OF YOU ONE OF THESE FOR THE RIGHT PRICE!! LOL

Hey Clint, I'm glad you jumped in. I'm having a hard time fighting these accordion mongles off by myself.

Jude

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Buyers Beware

Hmm, now what is a mongle?

Maybe we had a problem with them last night at our jam, when Mark Marcin played my famous slightly-wet red Jude Moreau accordion. (We were playing in D, and he'd only brought his C.) He'd only tried it out a little bit before, so this was his first long stretch with it. Everybody was really impressed--as always, when Mark unleashes those powerhouse two-steps he plays. But the accordion added a whole other element, I think. Always so cool to hear your own instrument played by someone else (even if I also had that sinking feeling--sure wish I could play that tune like that! Think I may need a few sessions with Jude...)

Blair

Buyer's Remorse

...Now I'm wishing I had a Bon Temps Accordion...

R!CK

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!