Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
All in good fun!

I just wanted to clarify since a few people weren't sure how to take my comments down below. Jude built an accordion for a friend that is probably the simplest looking, best playing and best sounding accordion that I have ever played. I had to give him his props.

I played a little CFMA gig with Jude on Saturday night, and had a blast. Mr. Roland Ledet was on guitar, and when he starts pumping his leg and let out yells, it gives me the frissons.

After the gig, we had an impromptu acoustic jam with two guitars, fiddle and accordion. Jude and Ed threw out some nice Creole stuff. Jude said he liked that part of the night the best.

Re: All in good fun!

Cajun music and impromptu go together like gratons and beer. And Cajun music is measured in frisson factors to me.

I think most folks caught the joke, but one problem with communicating on a screen with people who dont know you is it is very easy to misinterpret things when you dont get facial expressions and voice inflections, as we often prove on these forums.

Re: Re: All in good fun!

I thought the "Buyer Beware" post was genius.

Incidentally, if Jude's box hasn't found a home, I'll volunteer a spot for it in my... uhhh... attic.

Haha... as IF!

Sounds like everyone with Groves mud in their shoes are completely satisfied. Gonna have to visit Jude sometime in my bare feet. My soles are itching for another 4-stop... key of Ab...

R!CK

mmmmmmm forbidden gratons..........

DOH!

peace,
Griff

Re: Re: Re: All in good fun!

I consider them reduced fat. After the lard has been rendered, it is, technically, reduced fat.

I think it is also healthier to push them through with enough beer.

I understand it right away, altough it was in a strange laguage for me. I love things that don't have ornaments, but can do the things they were made for.
And when it works perfect, it's great.
I would like to see a picture of that accordion, if it's possible.

Maybe we can coax Jude into posting one.

Re: Re: Re: All in good fun!

If you look at the accordion that Andre' is auctioning on E-Bay ( link below on the thread "Bon Temps Accordion on e-bay") , it looks exactly like that one except that it doesn't have any inlay on the bellow frames and it doesn't have the large cup washers on the edge of the keyboard or the bellow straps.
Jude

"Canray's Waltz" is my favorite song to play with Ed.
It almost makes me cry when we play it ( actually, I did once). It is an honor for me to play that tune with Ed. I can't imagine anyone playing it with more heart and soul than the way he plays it, and that song should be played as we played it that night, no amps, just us and the music . Thanks Ganey, for sharing that night with me, and thank you Edward, for sharing that song with us.
Jude

All this makes me wish I lived in SW Louisiana, what special evenings!! , but then I'd probably not be married anymore. I don't think my wife would put up with being a Cajun Accordion widow. Worse than sports.

so you were jokin'?

Sorry but I missed the clou.

I just ordered 22 accordions from somebody else after reading your post...

Gus

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!