Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New CD Available & Tour Recap

Hey Y'all,

I've been so busy catching up at work that I never had the chance to post a recap of our Texas-Louisiana tour. Needless to say, we had a fantastic time. I especially enjoyed sharing the stage with fellow Brave, Rick and his band, the Zydeco Stingrays, in Dallas.

That band is a powerhouse of modern zydeco with great grooves and a big sound. The venue, the Sons of Hermann Hall is pretty massive and I made a mental note that it would be great to see them rock a regular sized club/dance floor. I had plenty of family at the show, which made the evening all the more special.

Rick was kind enough to let me try out his Falcon accordions. That was a real treat, lemme tell ya. After months of reading posts about the merits of dual key boxes, it was really fun to get my hands on one.

I wrote a recap of the tour with pics here:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=52929750&blogID=335179968

Also, at the risk of making a shameless plug, my band, the Doc Marshalls, just released a new CD! We're very proud of it. It includes a mix of country and Cajun (mostly country this time around). The two Cajun songs on the CD are both originals, and one of them features another fellow Brave, fiddler Henry Hample.

The CD & song clips are available here:

THE DOC MARSHALLS: Honest for Once

One last note about the tour. It's such a pleasure to introduce people to Cajun music for the first time. People seem to go nuts as soon as they hear it. I never get tired of that...

Nick B

Re: New CD Available & Tour Recap

Hey Nick,
Thanks for letting us know about your new CD and sharing news about your tour. I don't think anyone here would view your "plug", as a negative thing. One should never sell themselves short, and it's always important to share positive news and things that we have a passion for. People who take these things negatively, well, they always see the glass half empty anyway, so forget about them.

I just ordered your new CD, and look forward to listening to it. I'm still enjoying your "No kind of life" release, which I put on in the car from time to time. I've actually started learning "Woman knows no heartache" and include in my répertoire.

Ceci étant dit, je te souhaite des très belles et joyeuses fêtes mon cher, et prend bien soin. Ciao...:-)

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!