Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gala on our school

Last wednesday we had a gig at a party on the school were I and our guitarplayer are working. The party was the yearly Christmas Bal with all the kids dressed in Gala-outfit. A few months ago some kids ask me if we want to play on the party, because they had hear us play one time and they like it. There were two places were they can listen to music and we played in the so-called "Chill-room" and in the other place they arranged a DJ. It was a very nice performance, because the children liked the music we played. It was very surprising, because 99% of the kids don't know anything about Cajun-music. Because they had some dance-lessons, they also dance on our music and they did the waltz and the quick-step if we played a two-step and not on wooden shoes.
It was a great evening and I want to know if there's also something like that on the high-schools in LA ?

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!