Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Final recording from 2007

Ok, so this is my last recording from '07.

I recorded it on one of my beautiful handmades.

Oh, oh no... I didn't record it with a Castagnari, King Cajun or a Weltmeister, how taboo can I get?

And gosh darnit, I think I saw a tiny nick in one of the inlays. Geez

http://bengalrecords.com/jim/BayouTrash2.mp3

Re: Final recording from 2007

I just realized that maybe I should have thought twice before flaunting my recordings here... I may get knit picked to death!

Players 100 times my musical senior get raped in this forum

Re: Re: Final recording from 2007

Thought the bass side action was cool. Kind of a locomotive chugging rhythm. Sounded like you doubled the bass side with the C and G treble buttons on several occasions, perhaps? JB

Re: Re: Re: Final recording from 2007

Hey, thanks my bruh

That was an E accordion in fact, tuned 5 cents damp

At the beginning and end of the song, I simply pulled with the 'bass' (bass - key B) and pushed with the 'chord' (chord - key E) with an bounced an octave to the push chord...

simply pull bass, push chord while bouncing the octave twice on the push that's the best way I can describe it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Final recording from 2007

First of all, I may have to get an E box. Great sound.

I'm going to try that. Thanks for the explaination.

Re: Re: Final recording from 2007

Great playing Jim. Good driving sound. What were you stomping on to get that sound? Sounds like you got sort of a creole thing going. Loved it. By the way, just bend over with the rest of us and smile back and wink. It's the wink that gets them.

Re: Re: Re: Final recording from 2007

hahah, I had to poke fun. Unfortunately, there is no winking emoticon on this group

I was stomping, but it wasn't audible... that was actually my trusty Casio Keyboard with beat #94, "country"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Final recording from 2007

When I listen to this final recording from 2007, I smell the fumes of an Evinrude 4-stroke engine mixed with muddy water as I take another sip off my cowboy-cool 24-oz Keystone, while I swat horseflies off my sweat-soaked shoulder, as I sit on the freshwater side levee in Rockefeller Reserve, waiting for another crab to tug my line.

How's that for a critique?

Dug it immensely as I've enjoyed your previous creations! I still love that Wal-Mart 2-Step.

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Final recording from 2007

That's the "Wal-Mart Special" to you bud!

Dude you oughta write reviews for a zine!

Happy New Year my friend, be safe, bruh!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!