Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coz at the Saturday morning jam...

Got to visit with Coz for a while, this morning. He is in good spirits and feeling the love. I heard several people comment to him about losing everything, and each time, he responded that he was glad to be alive.

He played only one song on the accordion, but sang a dozen or so songs. I sat next to him in awe because I could never sing that high even standing on a chair.

Re: Coz at the Saturday morning jam...

I saw Coz at the jam last night at Club 190 in Basile. He played the fiddle a little and sang a bunch of songs. In pretty good spirits, visiting with people and drinking his beer. Great to see him enjoying life after all he has been through.

Where were you sitting? I left around 11, but he was sitting right next to me for a while. I was on the left-hand end of the second row of chairs, facing the accordionist. Playing fiddle badly. Before Coz sat down, there was a lady with a green accordion, with the name Esther Lejeune on it, who was sitting right next to me.

I started out sitting across from the accordion player's chair, but quickly moved two seats down from accordion. I was directly in front of the upright bass playing a sunburst Martin guitar. When I got up to leave, Coz was sitting next to me singing. I quit around 11:45 and left shortly after.

Re: Re: Coz at the Saturday morning jam...

Do you have salt-and-pepper hair, short-cropped, and maybe a goatee? I couldn't see the guitar of the guy in front of me.

Re: Re: Re: Coz at the Saturday morning jam...

At the time, I still had a beard. Now, i just have the goatee. That would have been the guy sitting next to me on the other side. Click my Myspace or YouTube links above to see a pic or video.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!