Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hey JB from San Antonio

Hey JB,
I wonder, if I can talk to you about San Antonio? I am going to make a trip there with my wife and grandson when he gets out of school. Need some suggestion on where to stay, don't want to book a hotel and not know what kind of neighborhood I am in. Just drop me an email.
Thanks
MarkS

Re: Hey JB from San Antonio

Mark,
Info on the way.
JB

Re: Re: Hey JB from San Antonio

My wife and I stay in SA all the time. We prefer B&B's. Several in and around downtown. One neat hotel is the old converted county jail near the mexican market. I think it is a Day's Inn. JB should know.

Thanks John

Hey John,
Thanks for the advice, I already got a hold of JB, going to meet him when I make the trip and hopefully make the local CFMA dance.
MarkS

Re: Thanks John

That's the dance at the Sons of Hermann Hall or another one? I keep meaning to go to that.

J

Re: Re: Thanks John

Next dance Sat. Jan 12th, 7:30 PM. Junior Turducken Hebert and the Maurice Chaurice Playboys. Take IH 35 S to Durango St. exit. Go east to S. St. Marys St. Take left for 1/2 block. Turn into drive between Grand Lodge and Bowling Alley/Hall. Park under Hall. Go in the behind door. Take elevator to 3rd floor. If your under 60 you'll be the kid. See ya there.
JB

Re: Re: Re: Thanks John

Thanks, I'm going to try and be there. My wife needs some dance time.

I'll be the young guy (57) with the gray hat, gray beard and the red-head on my arm (probably carrying my accordion case).

J

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!