Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Back from Lafayette

And I've got to say, that's about the best time I've ever had - while sick! Yup, on the way down, somewhere around Bastrop, I started feeling funky; by Alexandria, I knew something was definitely wrong; by Lafayette I was full blown fevery and nasty-feeling. Blah! But by God, I still went out every night, listened to music, danced, and ate (probably why I'm still not quite over it, but what the hell - I didn't drive all the way to Lafayette to stay huddled up and shivering in a hotel room). Thank God there are places like Randol's where you can do all three.

High points: getting to visit with Chris Miller, a stellar and knowledgeable accordionist and very nice guy; following some of Rick Reid's advice about places to go, namely the Evangeline Oak (I DID kiss her there)in St. Martinsville and historic section of Main St. in New Iberia; driving down to the coast at Cypremont Point; listening to AM 960; seeing the Lafayette Rhythm Devils, Jambalaya, and others; going to Poupart's Bakery, eating an Nimbeaux's, Mulate's, Old Tyme Grocery, Randol's, Prejean's, (Seems like I was full the WHOLE time); visiting Junior Martin's shop, and a lot more I'm probably not remembering. Not bad for a sicky, huh? Hey, after all that good advice, I couldn't let y'all down, could I?

Thanks to everyone for their advice; it made all the difference. THANK YOU!

Happy New Year to all!

Re: Back from Lafayette

Jamey,
I enjoyed meeting you also...and I enjoyed hearing you play one of your original songs! He is "good people" y'all! I will look you up if I am ever in your neck of the woods.--Chris

Re: Re: Back from Lafayette

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Chris - I guess this means I didn't give you whatever it was I had! Thank God. That would've been a hell of an ungrateful thing to do.

I forgot to mention, Junior Martin had very good things to say about you. When I mentioned I had got to visit with you, he said, "Oooh, that Chris Miller, he's one of the very best!"

Re: Back from Lafayette

Mr. Jamey,

As w. Churchill said "It looks as though you have all the vices that I admire and none of the virtues I detest!"

Glad it owrked out for you--sounds like a grand time.

peace,
Griff

Re: Re: Back from Lafayette

Sir Jamey,

Glad you had a successful round-trip! It sounds like a perfect time, with the exception of the case of the creepy crawly crud. That wasn't included in my suggestions! Get well so you can git down one mo' gehn soon!

That kool-aid is addictive...

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Back from Lafayette

We are all envious of your trip... Le Bon Temp

I'm guessing you didn't find an LA box yet.

John in Austin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Back from Lafayette

I have, but haven't bought it yet. I'm standing on the edge, just got to come up with the dough - $1000 for used.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Back from Lafayette

I know that feeling. You'll never regret buying one.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!